Nothing happens just by chance, they are made to happen. It may look as if you have no input to how it happened. Somebody somewhere is responsible for making it happen. You are not just existing on earth, somebody somewhere is responsible for your existence. You therefore have a responsibility to this Being. This is God your creator. He made everything for His glory – Isa. 43:7, Ps 100:3.
Everything you have is relevant to you because they still satisfy you and somehow make you happy. The day they do not serve you as they should or make you happy, they loose their relevance. Not everything on earth is relevant to you in respective how beautiful, sophisticated and expensive they are. Few things that are relevant to you in the world may not be the best, most beautiful or expensive. Yet you accord them respect and honour because they “obey”. DON’T LET YOUR FREEDOM LEAD YOU TO HELL!
God wants us to do His will, though we are free to chose to do it or refuse it. He could have forced us, but He respects our freedom. Don’t you think that we should absolutely respect His will too. Our freedom implies that we have our will too. It is this will in you that makes you a human being. It is this will that made you decide for Jesus as your Lord. It also the will of some people that is making them to reject the Lord. Your will as a man is powerful. Remember that God has also sent His will into our heart – Rom 5:5, Gal 4:6. There are usually conflicts between these two WILLS in our heart.
Conflict on whose will to obey has been the battle facing man ever since the creation. The first man was instructed in the garden of Eden.
And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat. But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shall not eat of it. For in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die. – Gen 2:15-17
But because of the craftiness of the devil, man fell, and landed in the valley of death.
And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes and a tree to be desire to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her, and he did eat. – Gen 3:16
The present world is still in the habit of self will, disobedience, worldly lust and indecent dressing. All these are to make Christian loose focus of doing the will of God consequently, attracting death penalty and hell fire.
Jesus in his earthly ministry taught and preached the will of his father (GOD). One of the ways Jesus can recognize you as his brother or sister is your willingness to do the will of God – Matt 12:50, John 5:30. Doing the will of God is important to God because His will in our lives is the best for our lives. Jesus even added it as a prayer point and request in “The Lord’s Prayer”.
Matt 6:9 -10 Our father which art in heaven, hallowed be they name, thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it in heaven.
Why His Will
- We need to do HIS WILL because that is what they do in heaven. – Matt 6:10. A candidate of heaven must always be preparing for the place. He must get used to the ways of live there by practicing it here. Heaven-bond Christians have delight in the WILL of God.
- We can not achieve anything Godly and heavenly without His will dominating our lives.- Jn 15:5.
- It is a proof that you are responsible to God. – Luk 6:46, Mat 7:21.
- It gives you victory over the Devil. Matt 4:8-11. Jesus had the choice to do his will and eat the food suggested by Satan because he was hungry. But he chose to do the will of his Father. These gave him victory, and the Devil left him.
- He hears us because we please Him. – 1 John 5:14, 1 John 3:22.
Conflicts of His Will
Rom 1:23-32, 2 Pet 3:18, Heb. 5:12-14
The deceitfulness of the devil still remain unit these days. With his craftiness, he will envelope the will of God in believer’s heart with doubts. Hope of eternity has been replaced Rom 1:28 “and even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient”.
Many believers today are careless about their Christian lives. They make no effort to grow and therefore remain spiritually stunted. They remain babes when they ought to be teachers, They are confused already and don’t know the will of God concerning
- Salvation – What is the will of God for me as a saved soul
- Faith – How do I march my faith with God’s commandments
- Dressing – What is the motive behind your fashion – is it to please yourself, others or God. Be sincere with your answer.
- Believe – There some things you believe in which has no bearing in God’s word.
- My will – Where do you place your will when God’s will is talking?
- Rapture – What do you know about the rapture of the Saints. Do you still believe it.
- Kingdom of God – How do you rate this place in your heart.
Now, I want His Will!
Of course, you have no other option than to want His will if truly you belong to Him. Your question now should be how will His WILL dominate my life?
In Joh 7:17, Jesus said any one who wants to do His will shall know concerning the doctrine. Pr 4:2 says, For I give you good doctrine, forsake ye not my law. This means that there are bad doctrines which the bible calls fables and philosophy of men – Col 2:8, 1Tim 4:1-2. Which doctrine should we then embrace? They are:
- Of holiness – Lev 11:44, 1Chro 16:27, 2Cor 7:1, 2Pet 3:11.
- Of modesty – 1Cor 7:31, 1Pet 1:24, 1Tim 2:9-10.
- Intimacy with God – Mt 18:20, Luk 24:15, 1Cor1:9.
- Peace with people – Heb 12:14, Rom 12:18, 2Tim 2:22.
One may ask, what are the likely causes of living in perpetual spiritual babyhood? These are some of the causes;
- Keeping busy with unnecessary things that stifle spiritual life and fervency.
- Not giving adequate time to study God’s word
- Absence from the fellowship
- Prevailing worldly ambition
- Self-dependence on self-efforts, academic knowledge rather than of trusting in the Lord (Prov 3:5-6)
- Giving much thoughts to life goals and achievement than spiritual pursuits
- Satanic influence
There are imminent dangers for those who remain carnal, seeing church as an organization, despite available opportunities for personal spiritual growth and development. They cannot be mightily used in the house of God as a result of their shallow understanding of spiritual matters. Carnality in its entirety characterizes such individuals. They cannot fulfil their God given purpose and ministry. Above all such lives may not be tolerable in heaven as a result of unrepentant & habitual disobedience to God’s will.
If you do the will of God, you will land safely in his kingdom. John 14:1-4, Rev 22:14.